No, any type of organization may apply.
Yes, if they have the capacity to execute on a project that meets the funding criteria.
No; however, your project must create sustainable resources and experiences through the funding of tourism related facilities in Bend’s community.
The BSF awards grants to projects meeting the following criteria:
- All known barriers that would inhibit the start or completion of the project have been cleared.
- Will protect, steward or create a tourism-related facility with an impactful life of greater than 10 years
- Said facility will have a substantial use by visitors
- Has a clear timeline and measurable outcomes within the next 12 months
- Has grassroots, community support
Our sustainability model seeks to find balance between the economy, people and place. Our community is dependent on each of these elements, and it is important to find a balance between them as we strive towards a thriving, sustainable community for residents and visitors alike.
Yes. While most of our grants will be on a 1-year funding cycle, if your project has a longer timeline, we are able to fund projects over a 2-year time horizon.
The Bend Sustainability Funding is provided through the allocation City of Bend Transient Room Tax. No additional taxes were levied to create the Bend Sustainability Fund.
The grant application is open from September 1-30. Specific dates and times will be included on the website and grant application. This is an online application, so please plan accordingly.
Awards will be announced in early December of each year.
No, not this year. You will have to wait until next year. However, you can reach out now to discuss your project ideas.
- Project does not find the legal definition of “Tourism Related Facility” as defined by the State of Oregon Statute. Please review the legal guidelines regarding the use of Transient Room Tax for Tourism Related Facilities.
- Project is not shovel-ready; all known hurdles that would allow for the start and completion of the project have not been cleared.
- The project and its eligibility has not been reviewed by the BSF team. Reach out to us to discuss your project before submitting your application.
- The applicant does not have the capacity to execute on the project.
- The applicant has not reviewed the project with the appropriate land manager.
- NEPA or Environmental Impact Studies
- Advocacy / Outreach Campaigns
- Policy / Legal Campaigns
- Riparian / Stream Restoration
- Outdoor Education Projects
- Maintenance Only Requests
- Recycling Station